Sunday, April 18, 2010

~ A Little Garden Tour~

Today has been one of those days where I just don't feel good...no energy..just blah.  I finally picked myself up to go water the garden around 1:30 pm.  I love to hand water...I love my garden hose!  It just is soothing to me.  So, I then decided to take a few pictures.  Enjoy....I did!

The bush in the background is a 'Yesterday, Today and Tonorrow'.  It has white, lavender and purple blooms all at the same time.  It is one of my very favorite plants.  I dug it up last year from my old house, and really had to nurture it.  They are extremely hard to transfer!  Next Spring it should be spectacular...much fuller.





This is a 'Spiderwort'...what a name!  It grows wild locally, so last Spring I dug up a couple a' bunches.



This is an 'English Dogwood' bush.  Again,  another transplant.  Obviously, Dogwood Trees don't grow here in Central Florida,  but the blooms are very similar.




Ahh, my lovely White Rose...not sure of the name, but it's one of those old fashioned, carefree roses...no fuss here!


These herbs made it through our unusually cold winter....Thyme, with an old rake head as a trellis, Lemon Balm, and some Chives.



Well, I hope you have enjoyed my little garden tour....I feel better now!
Blessings,
Susie

9 comments:

  1. What a fun tour. I love gardens. I went out today as we have a lovely day and raked and planted some blulbs. Thanks for sharing your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie, I'm having the same kind of day here in Central Florida. I did a little bit of watering until this rain came. And now I know the name of a plant in my yard because of you! The yesterday,today and tomorrow. I have tried to transplant those spider things and it didn't work. I will try again.
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty! Love the dogwood bush & the white roses~ I NEED some white roses....oh wait, I have some....well they are floribundas so they don't really count ....I need some like yours ... ;)

    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those yesterday, today, tommorrow plants although have never tried one. might be a perfect replacement for one of many plants that I lost over our very cold winter (for central Texas, got to 17 degrees)Thanks for sharing some of your gardens, look forward to seeing more!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty post! thank you for sharing your lovely garden...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so envious... With in two weeks hopefully I will be planting and enjoying some lovely color.... I hope to get outside this afternoon... I am working on some salvage grain sack pillows this morning... Enjoy your day... Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your garden tour very much. Your flowers are all such a soft dreamy color. I saw a yard full of the English dogwoods this past week and they are stunning flowers. Your garden is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden always looks so pretty! Now, I'm jealous that Shell will be at your house... Hope you do a post on it. Have fun, T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...ya'll come back now, ya hear?