Sunday, January 24, 2010

2010 Year Of The Digit ~ proclaims Jeanne d' Arc Living Magazine



I've blogged about my kitchen cabinet knobs before, but still haven't done anything about them.  You see, they are this funky square shape, and there are a total of 25 of them in my little, tiny kitchen. I've had mixed emotitons about the knobs since we moved into this house just over 1 year ago.  So, finally, I had a lightbulb moment.....NUMBERS!!!  I found a stencil and took off....well, at least until I hit #8.  Somethings just not quite right. 

I like the general idea, but I think the numbers need to be larger, don't you think.  Also, should I fill in the entire number free-hand (I can paint)?
Before






After







I always welcome and appreciate helpful suggestions and opinions!

My latest find ~ vintage, 14" tin number stencils....love 'em...and 23 is my favorite number!



So, the following has nothing to do with 'digits'.
 When I placed this vintage french basket on top of my new shelf, I wasn't quite sure what to put in it.  The other night I walked by and saw the sweetest little thing in my basket ~  my "Annie Britt".






4 comments:

  1. Susie,
    Bingo! The numbers are excellent, so is the new banner. I'm glad you put that botanical on it, now it inspires me each time I visit! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, your Annie Britt looks just like my Winnie!

    I really like the numbers, but I agree that they ought to be bigger.

    Can't wait to see the end result!

    Have a great week!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie,
    It looks fabulous!!! Love it! Your kitty is too cute! I also really love the stencils you found....yum yum!

    So have you started on the slipcovers yet?? I'm dying to see how they turn out!

    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think your stenciled numbers look cute! But agree they could be bigger, what about some sort of border around them on the knob? Your cat found the PURRfect use for your basket!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...ya'll come back now, ya hear?