Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fun Afternoon At Ikea

I bought a chair on Craigslist, and the seller suggested we meet at Ikea Saturday afternoon.
"Sounds great to me", I said.
My husband said he would go with me.
"Yipee", I thought.
We had fun, and I found a couple'a neat items that I thought I would share!
 
First is this great looking pillow cover.  The fabric content is 100% ramie, which has a wonderful rustic appeal...very similar to an old grain sack.  It's a nice, generous size...36", and the insert stripe fabric is sewn in.  Best thing......$13! 
Here's the link although it's not available online:
The next 'find' is a pendant light.  I've been looking for lighting for my guest room which I am working on...not sure what I really wanted.  We found this pendant light with a metal drum shade on sale from $69 to $19.  I think I will cover the shade with burlap or a slubby linen.  It's a nice large size, and I'm sure it will look perfect!  It's only available at stores as well.
 I also found some great looking glasses.  I like all my glassware to match, and somehow my last set has all but disappeared, leaving mismatched assorted ones (where do these odd glasses come from anyway?)
They are a nice thicker glass which I've learned works best in our household.  I love the shape and style.  There are 'rings' around the bottom...kinda hard to see in the pics.
Set of 6 - 16 oz.  $4.99
Set of 6 - 11 oz.  $3.99
Better than the Dollar Store!
I found a few other little 'odds and ends' also.
No matter what your taste or style is, there's always a treasure at Ikea to be found!

Have a safe and happy Labor Day!

Blessings,
Susie


 
 
 


 
 




11 comments:

  1. You found some real treasures at IKEA...one of my favorite stores! Their prices are amazing. I just wish ours were a bit closer.

    Your pillow is fantastic and I love the pendant lamp, too. Everything is wonderful...you are inspiring me to make a trip!

    Hope you are having a great weekend, Susie!!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, some nice stuff. I have never been in an Ikea store!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deals! And the chair, do we get to see that?
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool finds at Ikea but where is the chair you bought on craigslist?

    :)
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be posting before and after pics of the chair. I'm going to attempt a slipcover...to be continued!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Ikea !!! It is so fun to go there and
    see what things can be found ~ there is tons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did good Susie! I haven't been to Ikea in a long time, I must go.
    Enjoy the day tomorrow~Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great finds! I've thought about trying to slipcover, but haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new chair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Ikea! I'm getting ready to post, you won the giveaway!!!
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love that CUTE pillow and IKEA!!! Congrats on the WIN!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...ya'll come back now, ya hear?