Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring ~ In The Garden

Ahh.......The First Day of Spring!  I couldn't resist these beautiful branchs from my neighbor's Red Bud tree.  I walked over with three bunches of fresh asparagus (see below) and my clippers!
 Good Trade!!



One of the first signs of Spring ~ Johnny Jump-Ups ~ Popping up here and there!


~ Pretty Pansies~


~ First blooms from my white rose ~


~ One lone Daisey ~


 

~ What says Spring more than a bunch of fresh asparagus ~

My church was giving away cases of these beautiful veggies yesterday!  Guess I'll be visiting a few more neighbors today!



"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things

that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness

and praise to spring forth before all the nations."

~Isaiah 61:11~

7 comments:

  1. Such pretties for the first day of spring...Happy day!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring! it's such a beautiful time of the year, watching everything slowly emerge from the ground. Enjoy!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring to you.
    Your asparagus looks delicious!
    I love working in the garden, don't you?

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. adore the Scripture choice. i can only celebrate in my heart because we're in a snow storm!!!! one day i'll see Spring...just not now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming spring photos- and oh my... the asparagus...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie,
    Love your take on the Redbud and that cute bunny!

    Thanks for dropping by The Bunny Bungalow this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to see the flowers returning again. Yours look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...ya'll come back now, ya hear?