Faded Charm for awarding the "Honest Scrap" award to me. Well, this is all new to me, and I am glad to participate. So, here's what I am supposed to do....
* Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
* Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
* Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
* Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines
And away we go:
1. First and most importantly, I am a Christian, and I try daily to live in obedience to God and His word.
2. I do not always meet the goals of #1, but God is faithful, and He doesn't ever give up on me!
3. I have been married for 31 years, and my husband and I have been in love for 37 years. I have one son who is 26, and am the proud grandmother to his son who is 6 years old.
4. Even though I have had to work full time for the past 2 years, my heart's desire is to be able to stay home, where I can 'play house', cook, garden and have more time to create and decorate!
5. I desire to live a simple life.
6. I'd rather live in my small comfortable home, than in a fancy mansion.
7. I'd rather go the the nursery and buy a new wonderful plant than to buy a new outfit.
8. Give me a piece of primitive furniture in original chippy white paint anyday, than diamonds or gold!
9. The only shoes I wear are Birkenstocks or Crocs.
10. I am content!!
I hereby pass this award to the following inspirational fellow bloggers:
-Fields of Linen and White at http://fieldsoflinenandwhite.blogspot.com/
-Ticking & Toile at http://tickingandtoile.blogspot.com/
-Flax & Spindle http://flaxandspindle.blogspot.com/
- Maynard Greenhousehttp://maynardgreenhouse.blogspot.com/
-A Soft Place to Land http://asoftplacetoland-kimba.blogspot.com/
-The Decorated House http://thedecoratedhouse.blogspot.com/
-The White Bench http://the-white-bench.blogspot.com/